The Final Clear Out - Full Moon in Cancer + Lunar Eclipse
We welcome our first Full Moon of 2020 on Friday, January 10th at 2:21 PM EST. This full moon will occur in the watery sign of Cancer and will also be occurring amidst our first Lunar Eclipse of the decade making this an intense transitional period. This also presents a rare opportunity for collective healing. This is the last final clear out from 2019 as we release anything remaining that we don’t wish to bring with us into 2020. We urge you to tune into your intuition and feel into your emotions as you embark on this emotional journey.
Full Moon in Cancer Aspects
In astrology, Cancer is the “Mother” sign of the zodiac. It’s caring and overflowing with protective compassion. So when the moon meets Cancer, you can expect emotions to be running high - for you and others. It’s important that you take time to heal, feel, and become a master of your emotions. You must be patient and compassionate with yourself as you wade through these waters. This energy also has the potential to heal some of the rifts that have divided people over the past few months. Since Cancer is the nurturer of the signs, it aims to remind us that the wisdom of our hearts is far more potent that any games of the ego.
Under this Cancerian Full Moon, we are urged to look at where we are ignoring or sacrificing our own truth in order to satisfy the needs of others. Your relationships will come to the forefront for examination as we ask ourselves what we authentically want out of the relationships in our lives. Whether they are friendships, work partnerships, romantic partners, or family members - prepare to examine anything that comes to the surface.
For instance, are you working a job you’re not passionate about? Are you staying in a stagnant or unhealthy relationship to avoid being alone? This is the time to stop settling and connect deeply with what you desire most. We all deserve harmonious and reciprocal connections in all facets of our lives, but we have to take ownership of the choices we make in relationships. Where are you allowing others to drain your energy? Are you putting more effort into friendships that you’re getting back? Spend time with the people who energize and inspire you. Energetic reciprocity is a must and we must recognize where we’re selling ourselves short.
Full Moons are the best time to release so take stock of what’s feeding you vs. draining your energy. If you don’t feel good after spending time with certain people, take a break from them and reevaluate. We also suggest taking the time to declutter your home environment as well. Clear away what’s no longer needed or in alignment - both emotionally and physically.
Lunar Eclipse Aspects
This is our first Lunar Eclipse of the decade which will set the tone for new habits and patterns to help bring your dreams to life. Lunar eclipses will magnify the things that need to be released under this Full Moon. It’s a great time to bring our attention internally to the shifts we want to make within ourselves. Whether we can see it or not, this is a potent time to deal with emotional matters, shifting negative thoughts and beliefs. Put your energy and your effort where you want to see manifestation during this time as this is a powerful time of creation.
This Eclipse Season is bringing in a lot of change and insight so having a calming place to rest is imperative. You’ll need to make sure you have a quiet place where you can escape too as you dive down deep into your own emotional well. This lunar eclipse will bring vast illumination and you will no longer be able to skirt around issues where you’ve been denying your truth.
Be cautious that you don’t take on too much or spread yourself too thin. Put your energy and focus where it’s needed most and carefully plan your steps before moving forward.
The Heart Chakra
Our Heart Chakra is the fourth chakra, located at the center of the chest. It’s associated with the color green and is the wellspring of love, warmth, compassion, and joy. When this chakra is open and in alignment, you may feel deeply connected with harmonious energy exchanges with all those around you. When blocked, you can experience difficulty relating to others, perhaps through excessive jealousy, codependency, or feeling withdrawn. This is the center of your deepest bonds, your sense of caring and compassion, self-love, generosity, kindness and respect. Because this is the core of our being, we urge you to take time to ensure that your Heart Chakra is open so you can embrace all that this new decade has to offer.
Full Moon + Heart Chakra Ritual
We found a lovely Full Moon Ritual on Forever Conscious that we feel will resonate well but we’ve added a Heart Chakra element to further set the tone for your ritual.
Tools you’ll need:
- Smudging tool of choice
- Mortar and pestle or something else for grinding
- Coffee grounds, cinnamon stick, or a sprig of rosemary
- 3 small strips of paper and pen
- Glass jar
- Sea salt
Begin by smudging yourself and your surrounding area. Forever Conscious includes a wonderful opening prayer that you can use, “The year is fresh and new, and I ask to be too. I ask my guides and angels of highest light to cleanse and purify me on this night. Cleanse my mind, my body, and my heart; cleanse me of anything that feels dark. Restore my body and restore my soul, allow me to feel my heart glow. I am radiant, I am strong, I am ready to sing my song. I am cleansed. I am restored. I am destined for so much more. Guide me angels and light beings above, to my highest path, my destiny, and all that is love. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
1. Close your eyes and gently rub your favorite Kailo Heart Chakra product into your heart center. Observe what comes up as you tune in - notice who and what comes up. There could be tears, anger, resentment, or a sense of loss - allow things to come to the surface as they’re coming up for review for a reason.
2. Once complete, take some time to reflect on what has come up. Then write down three things (or more!) you’d like to release onto the strips of paper you’ve collected. Fold the paper and place them to the side.
3. Next, begin to grind your coffee grounds, rosemary, or cinnamon stick in your mortar and pestle. As you do so, imagine you’re releasing and opening your heart chakra. Forever Conscious includes the following prayer: “Each movement opens me and aligns me with the calling of my soul. As I grind these ingredients I feel myself releasing and letting go, releasing and letting go, releasing and letting go. As I grind these ingredients I feel myself releasing and letting go, releasing and letting go, releasing and letting go.”
4. When you feel that process is complete, add your strips of paper and a little water and continue grinding as you recite the following affirmation: “I release the past and all that was. I release the fog, the confusion, and the clutter, I release all so I can focus on what truly matters. I let go of these things so I can welcome the new. I honor them for all they have served and trust the timing that the Universe serves. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.”
5. Pour the mixture into a glass jar, close the lid and gently shake. As you do so, imagine yourself releasing all that weighs you down and keeps you out of alignment. When you feel that is complete, leave the jar by a window or outside overnight so it catches all these powerful moonbeams to solidify your intention. In the morning, you can pour the contents into a garden or down the drain.
We are so grateful to be a part of your journey and we hope that with this ritual you can fully release your past, your heartache, and anything else that keeps you from alignment and bliss. To help you start the year (and decade) off right, we’re offering 20% off all Heart Chakra products with code CANCER.
We wish you a wonderful 2020 filled with joy and abundance.
To You. From Us. With Love.