The Root Chakra
Sanskrit Name: Muladhara
Location: Base of the spine
Physical Correspondence: Kidneys, blood, hips, legs, feet, bones, adrenals, immune system, skin
Role: The Root Chakra relates to our most basic survival needs: food, shelter, safety, comfort and belonging. This energy center is the place of physical strength, energy and vitality. It is how we are connected and grounded to the Earth, our bodies and ancestral roots. It has to do with our connection to the material plane.
Signs of Imbalance:
- Sense of spaciness and disconnection
- Persistent financial problems
- Living from a place of fear and anxiety,
- Regularly experiencing stress (fight or flight response/adrenal fatigue)
- Difficulties properly nourishing the body - overweight or underweight
- A weak immune system/frequently ill
- Feelings of insecurity or instability in life
- Questioning your right to exist or doubting your worthiness
- Feeling "lost" without a tribe or community to identify with
- Neglecting one's physical health
- Unresolved family trauma
- Being stuck in a scarcity mindset
- Tendencies towards greed, hoarding, and materialism
- Not being comfortable in your own skin - being critical of your body or even feeling your body is your enemy.
- Problems with the legs, feet, skin, bones or teeth, autoimmune issues
When in Balance:
- You are full of vitality, having a healthy and well-functioning immune system, hardly ever getting sick
- You have a strong network of friends, family and community in which you have a sense of belonging
- You feel comfortable, content and at home in your body
- You are secure and confident in your needs being met, having a healthy relationship to money and feeling financially stable
- You honor your body by taking care of its needs - getting enough sleep, nourishing the body with healthy foods and physical activity
- You are grounded are present
For optimal support in your journey of balancing your root chakra, we are deeply honored to offer you our root chakra tools and the rituals that accompany them.
All Kailo root chakra tools are ceremonially infused with 5 forms of energy medicine.
Root High Vibration Infusions
Crystals: Carnelian and Red Tiger’s Eye
Tibetan Singing Bowl Musical Note: C
Bija Mantra: LAM
Affirmations: I am.
I am connected to my body.
I am connected to the Earth.
I am safe, secure, and grounded.